By Contributing Writer: Nick Stevens
We are finally less than one month away from baseball that counts! I know I’m not the only one that has already started planning their summer baseball trips and hopefully a trip to Prince George’s Stadium in Bowie to watch the Baltimore Orioles’ AA affiliate, Bowie Baysox, is on your list.
Photo: Patrick Cavey
After starting the season with seven straight road contest, the Baysox will play their home opener April 13th against the Harrisburg Senators as part of a three game series, followed by a four-game stand against the Richmond Flying Squirrels. Bowie offers fans numerous different options for coming to watch a game at an affordable price.
If you buy tickets ahead of game day, the prices are as follows:
- General Admission- $10
- Reserved Seats- $12
- Box Seats- $15
Buying tickets on game day will cost you an extra $2 per ticket but Bowie does offer military, youth and senior citizen discount tickets.
If you are close enough to Bowie to enjoy Baysox baseball all summer long, I would suggest investing in one of the multiple different season ticket options Bowie offers that comes with some unique perks!
- Season tickets to all 71 home games will cost you $639 per seat (a 40% per game savings) and you even get to take batting practice on the field before a game!
- Mini-Plan Packages are also available: Louie’s Fireworks Plan ($88) gets you tickets to all 8 fireworks nights, Sizzlin’ Saturdays Plan ($121) secures your seat to all 11 home Saturday games, 10 of which are fireworks nights, and finally there are custom mini-plans which allow fans to pick any 11 ($121), 16 ($165), 22 ($242) or 35 ($350) games to come to. All mini-plan seats are box seats.
- Bowie also offers flex packages which give you 8 or 16 undated box seats tickets to use at any point during the regular season. These packages cost $88 and $160 respectively. This option also gets you batting practice on the field!
Prince George’s Stadium opened in 1994 and can hold 10,000 fans on gameday. To celebrate the team’s 25th season, Bowie has released a fantastic lineup of game day promotions. I encourage you all to check out their website for a complete listing, but I will highlight a few of my personal favorites.
- June 4th, Maryland Pride Day with a Maryland flag floppy hat giveaway
- July 9th- Superhero Day with “BatManny” Bobblehead giveaway. I’m sure this will be a hot-ticket!
- July 29th will be Harry Potter Night
- July 30th will offer fans a “Mr. Perfect” Zach Britton bobblehead.
- August 11th will give fans the chance to meet Steve Hytner from Seinfeld.
The Baysox will also offer nearly twenty fireworks nights, PAW Patrol nights, and many other kid-friendly nights to provide entertainment for the entire family. Make sure you come out the ball park and catch a glimpse of the future of the Baltimore Orioles. I know I will be making a few trips down this season and hope to see some Baby Birdland followers, share a locally brewed Maryland beverage, and enjoy our Baby Birds.